Learn how to make CBD oil at home, which has many therapeutic benefits. Our CBD oil recipe is perfect for anyone looking to add CBD to their life. This CBD oil DIY is beginner-friendly, especially with some basic kitchen skills. Read on to try making CBD oil for yourself that compares to top brands such as Keoni CBD oil tinctures!
Ingredients And Tools For Making CBD Oil
- 4 ounces CBD flower or Hemp
- Baking tray
- Baking tray liner (foil, parchment paper, or silicone baking sheet)
- 2 cups coconut oil
- Deep saucepan
- Sieve, strainer, or cheesecloth
- Glass jar for storage
How To Make CBD Oil Step By Step
Learning how to make CBD oil is a simple process when all is said and done. We designed our CBD oil recipe to have simple, beginner-friendly steps. So let’s get started with your CBD oil DIY!
Decarbing CBD When Making CBD Oil
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind your CBD flower into consistent pieces about the size of a rice grain.
- Line your baking tray with foil, parchment, or silicone.
- Spread the ground flower in an even layer over the sheet.
- Bake for around 30 minutes until the flower is an even golden colour.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Decarboxylation is the process that activates CBD and other active ingredients in your flower. This step is hugely important, so don’t skip it! You need to decarb your buds if your CBD oil recipe delivers results.
How To Make CBD Oil Using Infusion
- Place the oil in your saucepan.
- Put the pan on the stove at medium-low heat.
- Once the oil is melted, carefully stir in the decarbed CBD flower.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 3-4 hours. Watch the mix to make sure the flower doesn’t scorch on the bottom of the pan. If the oil level gets low, you can carefully add water to bring the level back up.
- After 3-4 hours, the oil should be infused with CBD. Remove the pot from heat. Allow the mix to cool slightly, but not enough that the oil solidifies again.
- Carefully pour the oil through the strainer, sieve, or cheesecloth to remove the excess plant material.
- Place the strained oil into the glass jar for storage. Keep it in a cool, dry, dark place when not in use.
Sourcing CBD Flowers And CBD Oil
Now that you learn how to make CBD oil at home, you can explore a range of other options! Your CBD oil recipe is a good starting point for making CBD edibles, CBD topicals, CBD capsules, and more. You can also take drops of your CBD oil DIY by mouth. But, of course, you need the best CBD buds to make the best oil. Daily Marijuana is our first choice for CBD flowers and is featured on sites such as Weed List. Check out their fantastic selection, competitive prices, guaranteed shipping, and other perks the next time you buy CBD online in Canada. Order now, and you can get weed delivery in Vancouver, Toronto, and any other major city across Canada.
- Rettner, R. (February 28, 2019). THC vs. CBD: Which Marijuana Compound Is More Beneficial? Live Science. Available At: https://www.livescience.com/64886-thc-cbd-marijuana-therapeutic-effects.html
- Health Canada (2020, January 23). Cannabis Laws and Regulations. Government of Canada. Available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/laws-regulations.html
- Keoni CBD Oil Tinctures. (2022, February 6). Buy Keoni CBD Oil Tinctures Online. Available at: https://www.keonicbd.com/product-category/cbd-oil/
- Weed Delivery. (2022, February 28). Free 1 Hour Weed Delivery in Vancouver & Burnaby. Available at: https://weeddelivery.io/
- Weed List. (2022, February 28). Buy Weed Online in Canada. Available at: https://weedlist.ca/